Sunday, December 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home & Stepping Out Too




Yesterday we had lunch with a dear friend. Our dear friend Ruth, is the original organiser of our former peace group. The group of which we were a part of, stood together at a popular corner here in our neck of the woods, for at least two years. During that time, & since then, Ruth has been on our local radio station & has written oodles of, Letters To The Editor informing people about some of the truer aspects dealing with the politics of war. She most recently gave a mini course of peace topics, at our local community college, having shown the film War Made Easy [which was excellent], & also featuring some books from her own library of a lifetime of reading. It was suggested during our special holiday lunch that Ruth took us out to, that we again find a way for a group of us to "Stand for Peace", perhaps at a different corner this time. Just down the road around the bend, so to speak.

We are going to consider this, & I will of course continue to keep you posted.

Our very smart & thoughtful friend, also suggested a little something, in regards to my poetry & writing of free verse. She suggested some non rhyming. I told her, yes I do, do that too, it's just that the holiday season has been so conducive to the rhyme, & rhyming is so very easy for me to get into. Poetry A Muse In Motion, is a personal challenge, & I take our friend's critique & suggestion very seriously & most definitely to heart. So behold, yet my other style.


My husband & I, as shared in previous postings, have been married some forty years. As far as we're concerned, that's a pretty long time. During our growing up years, being children in those way back family systems, one of the most important lessons we have learned is, how not to treat one another. That pretty much sums it up, with peace, love & understanding, for better & for worse. Now that we are in the midst of our fortieth year as a family, the true meaning of the holiday season continues to ring, ever so true-




Peace, Love & Understanding


Who is my keeper

You keep me

As I keep you

together,

together

All is impermanent

forever









No comments: