Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Prep Child's Play



Yesterday I did a bit of cooking, making some latkahs [potato pancakes] to share with some of my friends. I did a bit of experimenting as one of my friend's is on a gluten free diet, so I used gluten free bread crumbs in place of the regular wheat bread crumbs, or the matzo meal I usually use. Well the experiment came out Aok, as my husband the Rattaouie of the family gave it thumbs up.


Holiday Prep Child's Play
Making Latkahs


One potato
Two potato
Three potato
Four
Pick potatoes
Wash potatoes
Cut potatoes too
Dice potatoes
Grate potatoes
That is what we do
Five potato
Six potato
Seven potato
Eight
Season potatoes
Add the crumbs
And don't forget the salt
Onion, egg
Now mix it up
And fry it till it's done
Eat a bunch
And share a bunch
Nine potatoes
Ten

My oh, my
Hot potato
"Latkhas"!


********************************************************************
And so concludes today's entry in Poetry A Muse In Motion.


















No comments: