Thursday, February 24, 2011

Think Spring With Spring Lake Gardens 2011

This is Mike, he's the artist who designed the photo card that caught my eye.

Just about a month ago when I was out having lunch with friends, at the Vanilla Bean, in Pomfret, Ct., I met this really nice guy named Mike. Mike had some neat postcard photos & was distributing them on the tables. After talking to him for a little while, & learning about the project he & his friend Andy were working on, I said I would post what he told me, as I liked their idea, & you may too. Here's the information in their own words-

Spring Lake gardens 2011 Pilot CSA Program


Starting this spring, we are breaking ground on a new CSA-based vegetable farm in eastern Ct., & we need your help! What's a CSA? It stands for Community Supported Agriculture, & it's a way for local communities to support local farms, & in exchange you receive a share of the harvest!

For our first year, we're looking for a small group of people to help us get off the ground. We will be providing a box of fresh organically grown produce to each of our members every week for 22 weeks [May-Oct.]





Please feel free to share this link thepeacegarden.blogspot.com
© by Mother Lightning of Mother Lightning's Peace Garden

No comments: