Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Great Blizzard of Thoughts...


It's really something, I don't know how to put it, but some days a poem or two will seep into my mind, & it won't leave me until I find a way to put it to paper. To look at our dining room table where I'm most comfortable working, as it is, a bit of a nook, yet centrally located with a bird's eye view, one would think... Oh there's a very cluttered mind that generates it's self from that space... I must say, that is not the case, for once I've written down the thoughts that have been mulling around, it becomes a moment. That's how it has always worked for me, for which I am truly thankful, & at peace, no matter where the process has taken me...


A Great Blizzard


Que sera sera
Doris
second Day
of
a great blizzard
now ice,

How did this
come
about

we broke
free
I
thought
from
child
hood
days,
peter pan
collars,
shoes
of
cordovan,
river
runs,
springs
channels
so deep
each
all
doing
one's own thing
among others
ectacies
joys
heartbreaks
crashing
calm,
the river
always
moving

did we know
how ever might,
not I
it washed over
focicles
of
a younger time,
what's that...
fiendships
marriages
children
the then
and now
this amber orange
custard
I now bake
e-mail speak


Why does this
current
hold,
my mind's
iminagation
from a time
I thought had
fled
is it the missing pieces,
dots ...

Are we purer
as is the river now
no longer
as, polluted

Were we
not
pure...

of a time
rushing
to the rapids
of a future
which is now


******************************************

Well we still have what appears to be freezing rain outside & this blizzard will probably go down historically as one never to be forgotten. It has hit many states across he country, & many a roof has collapsed due to it. All in all, if you're not out traveling, that's a good thing, & if you definitely need to be, be safe, & as best as possible stay out of the elements & stay warm.

So concludes today's thoughts for the Poetry A Muse In Motion Project.

The photo above is a rather rustic mosaic, inlaid with venetian glass. It was created under the supervision of a mosaic artist, when attending a workshop back in 1995 or so, at the Worcester Art Museum. The Worcester Art Museum is known for their extensive collection of mosaic art, & is well worth the trip. This funky piece of folk art, which you can barely read under the snow, spells out my favorite word, shalom. Shalom is Hebrew & it has three meanings depending how the word is used, it can mean- hello, goodbye, & peace. So very perfect for any conversation.








Please feel free to share this link thepeacegarden.blogspot.com
© by Mother Lightning of Mother Lightning's Peace Garden







No comments: