Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tomorrow's The Day*

It looks like it's pretty much definite & when the new week begins our family will have a new pet. My husband & I are going to keep the name Dolly for our new puppy. I visited her today & at first decided that now is not the right time to adopt a new dog, as we have some mini traveling coming up for Labor Day Weekend, but the thought that another family would perhaps claim her became too much to bear, & as I was driving down the road this morning after saying goodbye to these sweet pups & the dedicated volunteers who work so hard to place them in good homes, the tears welled up in an unbearable way, & I had to turn my car around, drive right back up the ole country road & ask these kind folks if I could pick Dolly up tomorrow morning.

So-- we're all set for her now, my husband set up our kennel in the cellar right next to my stationary bike & tread mill, she & I will keep each other company, & I'll get back into the puppy routine, provide a good safe home, we'll go for walks, meet new "peeps", play dogie games & at the end of the day, I'll have a new friend who I know will make me laugh, smile, & teach me about her world.

Snoopy, you've certainly given good advise over the years, & I'll do my best to reacquaint myself with viewing life through the eyes & heart of a human's best friend, to be sure.

*Amen*

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yay!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pics of Dolly on your site, and meet her in person as well (unfortunately though, she and Sula should probably not meet....) Good luck!