Friday, September 4, 2009

*Hopefulness Is My Middle Name--

Becoming extraordinary in my approach of living a life brings; new challenges week by week & day by day. Tomorrow we leave on a trip to the Motor City of, Detroit. My cousin from my father's side of the family, his youngest son, has found the love of his life, & is is getting married this Sunday September 6th, so my husband & I, are leaving our comfort zones & venturing out in a fashion that is both hectic & exciting. My extended family, like many live far & wide across this great country of ours & my goal is to put myself out there, to embrace the challenge & just do it.

I was thinking this evening when I was watching the News Hour & they were doing a piece honoring the "working man", being Labor Day is this coming Monday-- It was a good thing, our relatives from past generations, had a bit more spunk & sense of adventure than we have. For if they were like us, we'd still be stuck in a country or place that wouldn't have allowed our family's to think & express freely, "That would have been that,"-- stunted growth, & that would have been only if we had been allowed to survive, we all know the history, Tolstoy explained it far too well.

A healthy & happy Labor Day everybody! Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

*Amen*

No comments: