Saturday, July 7, 2012

Organic Gardening, An Ongoing Education






Well I did it~ Got up early say about 5:45am or so, but the neighborhood chickens were probably up a bit earlier. Had some java, put on some cool but not really cool, gardening clothes & it was back out there to visit my new friend Ken & his wonderful half acre organic garden!

For today's picking I learned a lot about carrots, & picked some along with summer squash, zucchini, & even some basil. Onions too, along with a fine head of cabbage. Ken taught me a lot about potatoes, the picking & the digging of them. What can I say, am originally a Bronx girl, & any green space back during those early formative years was few & far between. Do I love living with all this green space? Ya gotta believe it! I never ever tire of it, the things I do tire of is acquiring more & more information learning that the powers that be never, it seems ever get enough exploitation of our natural resources. Last night I watched an episode of the Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, his guest for the entire broadcast was Erin Brockovitch. She has a new documentary out which addresses the exploitation of one of our most important resources Water which ought to be a real eye opener for everyone!

Will the world wake up? That's my question. Am hopeful that it won't be when it's too late. We're all doing our part, one little garden at a time.

Thank you Erin Brockovitch for never, ever throwing in the towel, & being out there with intelligent dialogue, staying on course with honesty & spark!

Below is a link to a recent interview with Erin Brockovitch, which includes a trailer of her new movie- Last Call At The Oasis


If you have a chance to check it out let me know what you think. You can email me at-
turtle.ckc@gmail.com or just send a note to this blog at~ thepeacegarden.blogspot.com












No comments: