Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Holiday Task, of Lists & Things~

The display above is from the counter at Claire's Corner Copia, New Haven, Ct. & the array just below are some of the cards that have come in recently over the past few days, sitting on our stack of cards to be mailed. I thought perhaps this year I wouldn't do the snail mail thing, but just couldn't resist sending a card, & dropping a note. When it comes to receiving holiday cards, it's just one of those things that are always welcomed~

A BeadforLife, guy just above, trying to stay active this time of year. I guess jumping rope could do it. Who's game...
And a rough draft of what's to come...

A List of Checking More Than Twice


doubled dared
to be or not

risk taken
or
to not
be
too

revealing
or am
I
sharing
doubts
joys
fears
for
what purpose
I ask
you
me
pray,
do tell
please,
or not
I whisper
thoughts~
recesses
of
mindful
mindless
mindfulness
which is mine
how's yours
?
to hum endless tunes
of
nonsense
this
and not,
not knowing
ever know
these waves
of curdled thoughts
doubts,
never doubt
my love
always,
always
from a pocket
of my heart
deep within
what's
me

*************************

It's been a bit of time since composing a poem, but once again, I needed to get aspects of the season rounded up, in my own mind that is, to make it through what has become a rather needlessly stressful time of year. I say needlessly, as we tend to put so very much of theses stresses upon ourselves. My brother in law in my opinion is doing the very best thing to deal with all this materialism, consumerism stuff, & yes I do mean stuff. He spent a good part of his day on Sunday, tracking down & calling family members, & telling everyone that due to the economic situation this year, & with so many individuals being without some of the essential basics, such as shelter, heat, & food, that he would be donating to these causes in our family's name. That Santa gifts would still be given on his behalf to the young children on his list, but that is now his method & way, to make for a saneness to what has become a season of over indulgence of far too much stuff. I agree, & will teach myself to also take his cue.

One need not be rich to do this, & it was true when we all were taught, that it is better to give than to receive not only during this season, but throughout the seasons of a lifetime.


And so concludes today's addition to the ongoing~ Poetry A Muse In Motion, project.
We wish you all,~ All that is good, & truly worldwide inner peace.

Amen, Amen, Amen












Please feel free to share this link http://thepeacegarden.blogspot.com/
© Mother Lightning of Mother Lightning's Peace Garden

No comments: