Sunday, November 7, 2010

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee- "What's The Buzz"--


All I can say, most honestly & true--

"Just plain--
Love it, love it, love it!"

What would you expect from a sugar-acholic. Sugar's candies, chocolate & sweets. Which do I like better? Well they both bring forth a buzz, but if I had to choose, & if there was only one I could put on the shelf, it would certainly be --

Coffee,

Coffee,

Coffee,

Coffee--

I'm enjoying a cup right now,

Care to join me....

************************************************************************************

I have in my coffee collection a bag of Caribou, which says it perfectly--

"Life is short. Stay awake for it."

This quote is on the bag of "Amy's Blend", named in honor of "the bright spirit" of, Caribou Coffee's roastmaster- Amy Erickson. A slight fruit infused, smooth & silky, blend developed as a fund raiser in honor of Amy, with one dollar of each bag of coffee sold, donated to the Susan G. Komen for the cure foundation.

I like Caribou Coffee, it's a premium flavor, as I do love a good bean; but it was the message that I love even more that-- "Love never dies." No matter the blend.

For so many years when my father was alive, one of the really fine ways we would visit, catch up & just schmooze, would be to have coffee together. When he passed away in 1994, coffee time, never quite seemed the same. As time went by that autumn I began to light a small candle in the kitchen with strong feelings of prayerful gratitude, of all those years we had together, & to sooth my sadness. My main thought & message as I slowly became more & more accustomed to him no longer sharing a cup, & being physically with me; what I said to myself then, with that "quiet still voice"--

"Have a cup of coffee with God." Which I do to this day, as it is quite nice.

***********************************************************************************

{For those that are interested in contacting Caribou Coffee, they can be reached
by "clicking" or calling; cariboucoffee.com /1-888-227-4268 }











No comments: