Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Nighttime Glow of A Special Week

I simply love this time of day....
Someone here, is about to stop...
And smell the nighttime blooms...
OO OO, a very cool python, created by my grandson, now don't be scared...
And no puppet family would be complete without their very own...
that's right, pink bunny, Easter basket & all...

Truly a busy time, this Holy Week-

Today is the second day of Passover, & in just a few days it will be Easter. We are an interfaith family so busy, is an understatement, besides all the day to day commitments that one tries to keep in, living a life.

I was with our grandchildren on Monday, & will be so again tomorrow, as our son & daughter in law are both working, so tomorrow will be day two of Nana Land. On Monday we made puppets, did errands, went out to lunch did a few more errands, & then ended the day experiencing bubbles, bubbles, & more bubbles. Perfect, simply perfect! So tomorrow after breakfast I will be sure to help my grandchildren complete a few extra touches on the sock puppets we made. On my granddaughter's pink bunny puppet, the googly eyes fell off, so much for that batch of glue. I'll be sure to travel in with my glue gun in the morning to remedy this glue malfunction. My grandson made a green python, & as far as I know, all of it's body parts held up, but I'll find out tomorrow, first thing.

This morning it was off to Boston for our weekly Writer's Group Seminar. I've been enjoying it immensely, as our teacher is excellent, & the women who make up this group come from such interesting backgrounds, truly they are all so brilliant & talented, & I am learning so much in regards to the craft. Yes we all certainly have our compelling stories to tell....

The Boston trek always ends with a ride on the T from downtown, with a ride back to the other T Stop, then back up to the Mass Pike, & in a little less than an hour, we're home. Today we were given an exercise of point of view, having our created characters take turns doing so with primarily dialogue. It took a little bit of time for me to wrap my mind around that one, but once I got into it, it really was a lot of fun. Every one's piece was so very different, even though we all had to work from an exacting list of requirements. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, & aspects of it were pure laugh out loud. Truly an extremely satisfying session, & now I say to myself, my my, where have I been all my life. Seek & yea shall find, true, so very true.

Yes, Mr. Shakespeare, "All's well that end's well." I may be slow as a turtle, but slow & steady, that's ok, as long as I have a sense of where I'm going with all of this. For now, just learning how to go on out there, & take the T, truly that was a big first step, of course my main goal is to learn the finer details of the writing craft, of which I am doing. My mind is open.

*********************************************************************************

Thank you fabulous Wednesday Writers, it really is a most special time!

*********************************************************************************

Just one other special note: The forsythias that are shown in full night bloom at the very beginning of this posting, are an offspring, from the front yard of the apartment complex in Rocky Hill, Ct., where my father had lived since the time of his first gandchild's birth, after he & my mother's most bitter divorce, back in 1973. In the summer of '94 when we were helping him to move, once again, this time out of his townhouse appartment, & to another apartment complex, in W. Htfd., that would be easier for him to manage, as he was at the brink of a most severe & fatal illness. On the day of the move I impulsively picked a handful of forsythia branches that were growing in the front yard of his decades long residence. My father was seemingly appalled that I would do something such as this, but I told him how I wanted it as a remembrance of this place where he had lived for so many years, which was filled with so many wonderful memories for myself & entire family. For once he recovered from the divorce, he bloomed, & bloomed & bloomed, & we then, as a family no longer had to endure the vibes & the head games, of being exposed to a marriage that had literally gone to seed.
This forsythia as you may be able to tell from the photos, is quite massive, & it blooms most happily each & every April, near the time of my father's birthday!
Yes, the Passover, Easter & the other magnificant stories of humankind's various faiths, teach invaluable lessons, & we human beings do learn through nature, & our own narraatives, how to take in the bitter with the sweet, & live a balanced life, no matter the challenges. For what many of these stories & lessons may say at the various & different times of a life cycle to those that choose to hear, is that truly, it is best to help one another along life's road, no matter how dusty, & challenging a journey may seem. "Why is this night different from all other nights?"























Please feel free to share this link http://thepeacegarden.blogspot.com/
© Mother Lightning of Mother Lightning's Peace Garden













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a truly Beautiful piece, my dear friend. I especially liked your wonderful interaction with your Grandchildren...this will be such wonderful memories for them and the time shared with you.
The Boston writing group sounds so interesting, glad you are a part of it.
The extra Piece on the Forsythia's and your Father, deserve a space of it's own.
I too had a wonderful Passover, got to see both my sons and family and spent "special time" with my big grand daughter. The other one was away on a Cruise to Puerto Rico. LoL. b. Malin

Mother Lightning said...

Thank u* Barb, & thank u* birasblog. One of u* is a dear friend of decades, & decades, & the other a new person to the Peace Garden.

A wonderful Earth Day & springtime holiday season to u* !

b. Malin from the very first Writers Group I ever joined, & an excellent story teller & poet, I must say.

Time does fly, w/ new seasons, awakenings & discoveries....