Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring Entices With Quiet Beauty




    Our flowering plants seem a bit late this year. Probably due to this past winter's extreme nature. The forsythias above are my father's. They bloomed on the grounds of his apartment complex all the decades he lived there. On the day he was moving to a new apartment in April of 94' I brought back a few branches as a memento of sorts. Much to my surprise they rooted in their vase so I decided to plant them along side the stonewall my husband had built in front of our house. That following springtime they gave me baby blooms. What a gift that was, for my father passed on in October of the same year. Now these mature forsythias rise up out of their modest location year after year. Much like my father, humble, strong, & brilliant. To this daughter that is.





No comments: