Sunday, January 22, 2012

In The Sunshine It All Seems Right







Just glanced at the thermometer & the outside temp is 31 degrees, quite a contrast from the balmy mid 70's we were experiencing down in Florida. Yes the world does turn, & often upside down with the various news of the day. My family is no exception to the traumas & dramas that go on in any given family here in our neck of the woods & all over the globe. As we go forward I will continue to count my blessings, & view my glass, yes my coffee cup as half full. For sure.

As you can see we're in the throws of brrrr winter up here, & even for the few moments when I went out on our deck to capture a few scenes of this Sunday morning I needed to don my boots with cleats, & put on the heaviest of coats. There that said & done, here we are experiencing Sunday morning in the northern hemisphere. We'll make it work, we've always had, & my husband & I will continue to do what it is to keep ourselves healthy & well, for at this stage of our lives we've become our own full time jobs. Doing the walks, riding the bike, going to the gym, & or the pool. It certainly is true what they taught some 40+ years ago in good ole nursing school, you loose what you don't use. So today a bit of northern sunshine before it fades is certainly in the cards, along with a little determination of organizing my art supplies, as I've been looking forward to our painting class tomorrow, & also keeping up with what our writing group has been doing, as it was necessary for me to miss several sessions. But I'm all good with it as life does happen while we're making other plans, & to go down to Florida to be with my mother, & to continue to intervene as necessary is for us the right thing to do. As the one & only daughter, in a family out of a baby boom era when the role of ones function to the unit as a whole was pinked at birth, no matter how many sons were born. For in that era they were supported, raised & conditioned much differently than the daughters, so many decades before The Feminine Mystic was published & a woman's liberation era was born. True some families though few & far between were already liberating their daughters, but not back in our hometown which existed under the ugh shadow of a giant military industrial complex. True it gets frustrating, going round & round sometimes like a puppy chasing it's tail in an arena of trying to make attempts to get all our family members together, but ultimately love is & will always be the key. So with that being said I will continue to count my blessings, & take in the good advice of the Torah based faith I was raised in, along with the simple yet inspirational teachings of the Dali Lama, & continue to go forward, with prayer in my heart, & doing the best that I can do to help our mother as we all continue in our circles of life,~ the welcoming of the intertwining~ of one life, & the sharing in another. For these life lessons as we know are invaluable, & stay with us a lifetime. As we all help others to heal, we too are healed. None of us will ever be perfect, or leave this earth alive, so we must continue to continue~ listening to our own hearts, & knowing this is what we are meant to do.

~Amen~

Have a wonderful winter one & all, & will be in touch again as this week unflolds.












Please feel free to share this link http://thepeacegarden.blogspot.com/
© Mother Lightning of Mother Lightning's Peace Garden

No comments: