Saturday, March 13, 2010

Betty Crocker & This Family Of Cupcakes Says It All--


After making sure I had all the ingredients on hand, yesterday I enthusiastically made a Betty Crocker recipe with some of the Heart Smart Bisquick I had on hand. All the ingredients were fresh & properly prepared, there's still a hint of garlic on my hands even a we speak. The dish was described as a Garden Bake, & all I can say is, Betty only fares a C from me. She's certainly excellent for the cupcakes, brownies & treats, but for dinner fare it's best for me to start with a good proven recipe, & forget any of Betty's convenience dinner type ones. Though my efforts were all good, the flavor, texture & overall quality, was nowhere near the hit I expected, & definitely, not a dish to be shared.
For decades I haven't been extremely big on cooking, but I still enjoy it once in a while, this effort was truly a disappointment, but with cooking, as with painting, there is always that possible element of surprise. I'm certain of it now, I prefer my other realms of art, including cupcakes!

So much for me & Betty Crocker, sorry Bet.

{The above photo of cupcakes, were those of our gourmet talented grandchildren. On this one, thank you Betty Crocker for an A+ baking event!}

No comments: