Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"The Lady with All The Answers", Ann Landers

We have tickets tonight to an extended performance of "The Lady With All The Answers", at TheatreWorks in Hartford. I so look forward to it, as I can't count the times that I wrote these dripping, heart felt letters to either Ann Landers or her sister Dear Abey, as a teenager. My letters were just too, too, long, one could just image, as they would go on & on & on... So intuitive of a writer I was from age 7 on, that I just knew enough, to not send them. I mean really, who would bother with them, then. So, here I am now of future decades. I sure hope my editing has developed somewhat since those teen aged days; blog, blog, blog, blog, blog.... [Ok, I'll behave.]

Talk to you again soon, as this play promises to a good one.

************************************************************************************

11:18 pm
We just got in about an hour & a half ago. This one woman, two act play was quite a kick to see. It is a comedy that was written by, David Rambo, & the part of Ann Landers was played by Charlotte Booker. Charlotte even looked like Ann. The production was done by, TheatreWorks at City Arts on Pearl, in Hartford. In the broadside program the play is described as a "warm hearted tour-de-force" & so right they are.

Ann Landers what a gal you were. A gal most definitely, ahead of your time!

No comments: