Monday, March 1, 2010

March Has Come In Like A Lion, But I Will Think Of Spring*


So here we are March 1st, & we too are marching along....

It's taking a bit of ambition here, to get myself outside for a walk. The day has become quite gray-- sky wise, & it's been really satisfying to catch up on some good articles. The one I just finished reading is in my husband's recent issue of The New Yorker, & is excellent for anyone interested in the psych. profession, [from it's not so distant history, to the present] & I highly recommend it, written by-- Louis Menand & entitled, "Psychotherapy under siege". Yes from Freud to the "pharmaceutical present", & all the tones in between. Definitely, no shades of gray there. No matter the class, no matter the profession, this topic definitely affects people of all walks of life. Mental illness, so like the ocean's fathoms are deep, murky & untold, with many a hidden storms.

Providing proper care & healing for victims of that war would be the one to wage. Over the centuries, & even the recent decades, we've seemingly come a long, long way, but that is so-- "the illusion", as the main catch is that seemingly, "out of site, out of mind" approach, & when we give it some good, deep, thoughtful, thought, really, we do know how that's working. They walk among us, as-- we march to our own beats, marching together.

{The above photo was taken by my son. Several weeks ago I developed some problemos with my little point & shoot camera, & I really messed up the field of vision aspect. He of course corrected it in just a few minutes. The above photo was taken by him, "he tried it, & I liked it." So there they are, my daughter in law's flowers from their home to the Peace Garden. Thank you "T" & "J".


No comments: