Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Sunday Continued*....

*Looks like I all ready clicked "enter" & my title is going to read an extra super, isn't that Super*, this super sports day!  [oye!]

What does one do when they are tapping their keys, & in their enthusiasm hits enter & now how to undo a redundancy-- it is a question, these tech. computer skills, I keep plodding away at, slow & steady... Yet life is made up of more questions than answers anyway, so I'll just have to live with it. Without tech. support my style here is basic bare bones, I will keep trying though....

Today is quite the day, for the sport of football is enjoyed by young & old alike-- it's like a national holiday in our neck of the woods & to be honest- what was I thinking ?- going to our local supermarket--  never had I seen so many boxes of corn dogs in one shopping cart, as I had today! [Actually I didn't know corn dogs came in giant boxes until today!]  In regards to team loyalties--my father was a life long NY Giants fan- we still have his jacket we lovingly gave him on one special birthday.  The rest of my family are NE Patriots fans,  & me- well I attended one of our son's Super Bowl Party's some years ago-- It was cute as he & our daughter in law had our two wee grand kids dressed in official Patriots shirts, no guessing who they'll be rooting for come their later years.  I have a special loyalty to the Giants though, as that was were I was born & raised till age five- with family roots going back to Ellis Island, Yonkers,  the Lower East Side, Brooklyn, the Bronx & Long Island.  I'm from the Bronx, so in baseball season I have many a team- the Yankees, & the Mets.  To add to this selection I also have the Red Sox as we are the proud parents of a former Boston Red Sox Official Bat Boy!  What a thrill that night was & even though they were playing the Yankees that night, we of course rooted for the home team, just like the song!

So may the better team win & please may it hopefully be with "true sportsmanship & honesty"--like a Billy Joel song....  enough with any further examples of winning at all costs, or people repeating-"Every one does it..." You know what I mean here...., really not my issue per-say, as I'm not a real sports fan, yet it's that inter- connected consciousness of all of us, as a society, not tolerating less then, of what's honest, fair & good.  I know it's an ideal, but one still worth striving for, that is how we raise our families.  Why not above board honesty &  fairness all across the playing fields?  

My sense is that the Giants are probably not favored to be the power house in this match that the Pats are known to be.  So in all fairness let the better team win.  I've said my piece, & now it's time to find my father's jacket.     

No comments: