Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents Day 2008* Taking a Lead From My Heart

Hi everyone!  Yes it's been a bit of time since my last posting & this one is to be a short sort of jaunt with more eventually to come.  Since my last note I've read  "The Glass Castle" by, Jeannette Walls- it was highly recommended by a friend.  I also recommend this excellent memoir.  It is the life story of a modern day woman who taught herself to overcome in a way that goes beyond my ability to accurately describe her bravery & fortitude in a world that one would honestly exclaim--- "How can this be true? !"  A *must read for the social scientist that we are.  Thank *You Jeannette Walls- for sharing your most personal story, it renews my hope & faith.  When you over came, we all over came-- beyond the frustration, starvation & the tears, we your readers were given much more than we can ever say.

Valentine's Day  '08 has also come & gone.  During that week I set aside some time to bake & share with those near, dear & far away-- my grandmother's --on my father's side, her ruggles which I've recently renamed-  "Grandma Anna's Newly Twisted Coney Island Rugula".  I will be sharing this recipe & the how's & whys of this project at a future entry to come.

Since my last note there have been a few issues that have weighed heavily on my mind, that too I will eventually share, for as much as we all live our private lives with our own thoughts & deeds there are some aspects of our human condition that are of the commonality---  at times referred to as the "collective consciousness".   Just learning the term "collective consciousness" some 20 years ago during a child development course, definitely had a liberating effect on my thinking mind.  Yes we are unique in this world-- yet we also have sooo very much in common with one another.  We all thrive in what is positive & good, & wither without the basics.  Humankind will never live by bread alone, no matter how tasty, how sweet.  Why else would we blog, write plays, books, movies, poetry, songs & prayers of comfort & hope.  Our "collective consciousness" knows the answers to that of which we continue to explore.  No matter the faith or non faith we were brought up in, the commonality of us all will forever remain, and as the years go by--"newly twisted" is nothing more than that-- a different take on what was old & has become renewed.  Again I end with the word--Ahava, which is hebrew for love.           

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Highly interactive blogging. First I read about the dish, then it arrives on my doorstep. A one two punch!

z