Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Moods Are So Like The Seasons, Even In The Gray, There's A Certain Beauty


One must be a warrior to brave these elements at times....,
as ready as we're gonna be, with all the essentials at hand....
even a fresh batch of tasty dog food & chewy treats obtained just in time. Dolly, you sweet pup, yes, you are so welcome.
Ti's the ongoing season....

They say it's a nor'easter heading in, for now it's on the mild side. Schools have been closed & events are being canceled, it's coming our way, & no matter what, it will be, what it will be. Stay safe & warm, & step gingerly, this is a slippery one.

Welcome to our world, winter in New England.

***********************************************************************************

Post Script; Winter days such as these, aside from the challenges that one encounters back & forth to work, of which I am home today, so no commuting on my schedule till tomorrow early morn. We have a Net Flick movie, or two, all cued up, but besides a movie & catching up on some cooking I had, had in mind, reading is always the best. I just finished "The Shack" the other day by, Wm. Paul Young. It's a book with a Christian philosophy & faith & very good. Being I've loved learning about the religions of the world all my life, this book was a perfect read. It was recommended to me by our eldest son, & daughter in law, & I would like to recommend it to you, too. It brought to mind another author I had read decades ago, Carlos Castaneda. These two writers are so different of course, but I found a common thread. I'd be interested in learning your opinion of this. Religious related story's will always intrigue my mind's imagination.

Certainly nothing compares like a good book, nothing, & if we don't loose our power, I will add, a good movie often fills the entertainment bill for me. I think we'll hold the pop corn, but a coffee or tea, that's perfect for a snowy night, in our neck of the woods. Truly.

Oh the timer just went off, my "pumpkin cinnamon ginger pudding" is almost done. I've been planning this since after Thanksgiving as I never get enough of the pumpkin based recipes, & this one is most special as it is baked with fresh eggs that my co worker's son raised. Truly we have the best of all worlds, this modern day, quasi rural life. I just had some, it's sweet, light & perfect.

So goes the gray.....


No comments: