Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Morning Has Broken In The Peace Garden*







 Just a few minutes ago as I was sipping my coffee & gazing out the kitchen window, the sunlight was gleaming & the garden had a wonderful glow.  Do I go out there?   I've all ready photographed many of these scenes numerous times, though I never tire of them knowing we are so very Blessed to be living in this wonderful nature preserve.  So there I went putting my warmest winter coat on over my grungy bathrobe, sandals on my feet & feeling the sensation of an icy frost as I stepped out onto this morning's slippery ground.  I was out there clicking away for ten minutes or so, the beauty of the autumn colors gently reminded me of why I chose to step outside.  I am ever grateful.  

Today two of our sons will be traveling from a far, so God willing we will all be together again for yet another Thanksgiving.  May the health & travels of our loved ones be Blessed as we welcome anew this true American Holiday, knowing all too well that as a people our Native Americans have the history of an oppression from a non respectful government.  I will remain hopeful that now in this 2st century "We the People" will continue to insist & work for equality & change in this great land that all of God's children share in, & remembering to respect & care for Mother Earth, for without that we will be no more. 

*Amen*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frost tipped brown leaves lie waiting to be seen by someone who sees the beauty lying everywhere around us. The simple everyday things that go undetected, except by those who see with their hearts.