Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Peace Within An Exercise




     Above is a familiar print, a favorite of mine. When I viewed it today for what seemed like the up teeth time I pinpointed one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. This print is lovingly displayed at the nursing home where my mother has been living for a little over a year. The many factors of this artwork takes my mind to a place of calm. The rich sky of blue in it's varied hue is certainly a factor, along with it's main action figure of a snowy white dove in flight with her olive branch clutched tightly in her beak.

     My mother & I have traveled a turbulent sea much of my life. Thankfully we have been blessed in learning to let go. To forgive. Forgiving is much like a series of strength training exercises. Not to be over looked, or it's importance to be taken lightly. I've known this for a very long time, and now as I approach the eve of my birthday viewing this print today reminds me of the depths of where I've come from, & where I'm at. We do learn from it all, the good & the not so good. Working ever so hard in overcoming deep hurts along the way, & nurturing our ability in continuing to forgive. Forgiveness a daily strength training exercise that continues to fortify us in body, mind, & spirit.




Please feel free to share this link http://thepeacegarden.blogspot.com/






© Mother Lightning of Mother Lightning's Peace Garden
    

No comments: