Thursday, May 7, 2009

At The End Of The Day-- "All's Well That Ends Well"





Today was a pure gardening day.  Five rhododendron of the Olga Mezitt variety were planted in the main Peace Garden today.  Their pink blossoms are a pure uplift which I will savor, being they are a favorite of springtime & springtime is so very short.

I learn so very much during these quite times working in the garden.  Today I was reminded of how transitory it all is--  the delicacy of it's perfect colors & simple beauty.  To be enjoyed to it's fullest today, yet a memory soon for tomorrow.  That's all of us, feeling at times rooted to a time & a place, yet also so mortal, so transitory.

My husband brought home the local town paper with our mail today.  The letter I had so anguished with & had  finally gotten right was finally in print today.  It felt good.  Good to know that I addressed a situation of public bullying without anger or malice.  It was a long hard journey to be sure & no matter the outcome or response I feel comfortable in body, mind & thought.  Ultimately that's all any of us can ask for, to be honest in thought & deed & as my favorite president said-- "With malice towards none & justice for all."

So let us enjoy this springtime & appreciate it's inpermanentence & be thankful for the rain & storms of life, for they enable us to bring forth beauty & wisdom.

*Amen* 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Flower Child...nice garden...Blog on..
Your veteran cousin...

laszlo said...

"Where have all the flowers gone long time passing.. where have all the flowers gone,,,long time ago" Gone to Cheryl garden almost every one... Unfortunately I don't think they will ever learn. keep up the good work..
Warm Wishes and love
ex Lt. Burton A. Finger